Saturday, February 08, 2014

The best posts of the first 1,000

Apologies for the long break between posts.  Not only has work and life been insanely busy, but I really wanted to do something special for my 1,000th blog post after almost 9 years(!).  What I finally decided to do was extend and update my five-year anniversary post to include what I consider the very best posts of the first 1,000.  If you're curious, you can find the inaugural post here, and my very first "strategy" post here: a proposed elite UH - Institute of Technology campus (which I still think is a good idea). And now here we are 1,000 posts later with so much content I can't even remember most of it, and count on Google to help me find it. Most of you know I do regular quarterly and annual highlights posts, and I decided to cull those down to the very most important posts of the last nine years - roughly the top 5% - the ones that I think really form the foundation of the blog's reputation. As you skim this list, I hope you find some of interest that you missed, forgot, or may have been posted before you discovered Houston Strategies.  Enjoy.  As always, thanks for your readership.
-Tory

2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007
2006
2005

3 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, February 10, 2014, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on reaching your 1000th post. You have provided a steady stream of interesting and thought-provoking information over the years. Thanks for all the effort you've put into it.

It surely takes a lot of dedication to keep a blog active, and as long as you can do it, I'm sure it will be appreciated.

 
At 7:48 PM, February 10, 2014, Blogger Tory Gattis said...

Thanks!! It's feedback like that that keeps me going :-)

 
At 11:31 PM, February 10, 2014, Anonymous Mike said...

Keep going. I don't agree with 60% of what you say, but it's important that the conversation be had. It helps the city in silent, unseen ways.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home