May highlightsTime again for the monthly ritual. Near the first of every month, I'll be adding a post highlighting key posts from the previous month(s), with a particular focus on significant ideas I'd like to see kept alive for discussion and action. The main page will only show about a month's worth of entries, and I know most new readers won't go back into the monthly archives linked at the bottom of the right-side column. If you're just interested in the highlights, here they are:
- A win-win-win strategy for Big Oil, Houston, and developing countries
- Recapturing gambling dollars from Louisiana
- Keys to unlock our gridlock (includes a link to the 3-part series)
- April Fools: Houston embraces "New Weather Urbanism"
- Improving managed lanes in Houston
- Reducing pass-through truck traffic
- MaX lanes (last 2 paragraphs)
- Does Houston have a sense of 'sacredness'?
And from March:
- An education strategy for Texas
- Making Houston a global financial hub
- Realistically repurposing the Astrodome
- Venture capital in Houston
- Relieving the north-south traffic bottleneck
- A new UH - Institute of Technology campus?
Thanks for your interest in Houston Strategies.