Monday, September 19, 2005
An open dialogue on serious strategies for making Houston a better city, as well as a coalition-builder to make them happen. All comments, email, and support welcome.
- Name: Tory Gattis
- Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Social Systems Architect, consultant and entrepreneur with a genuine love of my hometown and its people. I cover a wide range of topics in this blog - including transportation, transit, economic development, quality-of-life, city identity, and development and land-use regulations - and have published numerous Houston Chronicle op-eds on these topics. I also co-authored the Opportunity Urbanism study with noted urbanist Joel Kotkin and others, creating a city philosophy around upward social mobility for all citizens as an alternative to the popular smart growth, new urbanism, and creative class movements. I am a native Houstonian, 6th-generation Texan, attended Rice University for my BSEE and MBA, and a former McKinsey consultant and adjunct faculty member with Leadership Houston. I am currently the founder of Coached Schooling, pioneering a transformational new approach for a more effective and engaging 21st-century K-12 education combining the best elements of eLearning, home and traditional schooling. CONTACT EMAIL in no-spam format: tgattis (at) pdq.net - send me an email if you would like to receive these posts via email, or see the Google Groups signup box below.
- Envision Houston, part 1 - Interesting Facts
- 37,000 evacuees to permanently relocate to Houston...
- The NY Times makes nice with Houston
- The importance of keeping jobs in the core
- The amazing growth of technology entrepreneurship ...
- Six Flags Astroworld to close permanently
- Pasadena Star-News takes a wack at Kotkin and Hous...
- Economic gains and losses in Houston from Katrina
- Daily Standard comparing New Orleans and Houston
- Why cars and walkable communities can peacefully c...
|Subscribe to Houston Strategies|
|Browse Archives at groups.google.com|