Friday, January 27, 2006
An open dialogue on serious strategies for making Houston a better city, as well as a coalition-builder to make them happen. All comments, email, and support welcome.
- Name: Tory Gattis
- Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Social Systems Architect and entrepreneur with a genuine love of my hometown. I cover a wide range of topics in this blog - including transportation, transit, economic development, quality-of-life, city identity, and development and land-use regulations - and have published numerous Houston Chronicle op-eds on these topics. I'm a Founding Senior Fellow with the Center for Opportunity Urbanism and co-authored the original study with noted urbanist Joel Kotkin and others, creating a city philosophy around upward social mobility for all citizens as an alternative to the popular smart growth, new urbanism, and creative class movements. I am a native Houstonian, 6th-generation Texan, attended Rice University for my BSEE and MBA, and a former McKinsey consultant and adjunct faculty member with Leadership Houston. I am currently the founder of Coached Schooling, pioneering a transformational new approach for a more effective and engaging 21st-century K-12 education combining the best elements of eLearning, home and traditional schooling. CONTACT EMAIL: tgattis (at) pdq.net - send me an email if you would like to receive these posts via email, or see the Google Groups signup box below.
- Mayor's annual State of the City address
- North America's tallest statue for Houston?
- RDA Mayors' Lecture Series starts tonight
- IAH to become one of two "model" ports of entry
- Houston holds its own in domestic migration
- A Grand Central Station for Houston?
- Museum for Missing Places and Houston's mobility m...
- City identity and attracting educated youth
- Public opinion survey on development
- GHP strategic plan and marketing Houston
|Subscribe to Houston Strategies|
|Browse Archives at groups.google.com|