September highlightsTime again for the monthly ritual. Near the first of every month, I'll be adding a post highlighting key posts from the previous month(s), with a particular focus on significant ideas I'd like to see kept alive for discussion and action. The main page will only show about a month's worth of entries, and I know most new readers won't go back into the monthly archives linked at the bottom of the right-side column, so here are the highlights:
September: A month dominated by posts on Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, so not many long-term "keepers".
- Envision Houston, part 3 and part 4 - The Four Basic Development Models and Mixing them Houston
- The importance of keeping jobs in the core
- Sprawl and the benefits of frontage roads
- Houston political leanings: conservative or balanced?
- Annexation and city-county consolidation
- Unity vs. fragmentation in metro areas
As always, thanks for your interest in Houston Strategies.