Winter 1Q07 HighlightsTime for the quarterly highlights post. These posts have been chosen with a particular focus on significant ideas I'd like to see kept alive for discussion and action, and they're mainly targeted at new readers who want to get caught up with a quick overview of the Houston Strategies landscape (just finished celebrating our two-year anniversary). I also like to track what I think of as "reference posts" that sum up a particular topic or argument.
Don't forget we offer an email option for the thrice/week posts on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights - see the Google Groups subscription signup box in the right sidebar. An RSS feed link (Atom) is also available. As always, thanks for your readership.
- Houston vs. Dallas, Portland - Who builds more density?
- Architects vs. Economists (the planning vs. free market spectrum)
- Bruegmann on developers' attitudes towards land-use regulations
- Prospects for Texas commuter and inter-city rail
- Seven reasons why government planning fails
- Wrapping up Superstar Cities week: solutions
- The Wrong Way to Reform Property Taxes (arguments vs. appraisal caps)
- Planning: Panacea, Poison Pill, or just Purgatory?