Winter 1Q08 HighlightsIt's time for the Winter 1Q08 quarterly highlights post. These posts have been chosen with a particular focus on significant ideas I'd like to see kept alive for discussion and action, and they're mainly targeted at new readers who want to get caught up with a quick overview of the Houston Strategies landscape. I also like to track what I think of as "reference posts" that sum up a particular topic or argument.
Don't forget we offer an email option for the roughly twice/week posts - see the Google Groups subscription signup box in the right sidebar. An RSS feed link (Atom) (or RSS 2.0) is also available. As always, thanks for your readership.
- Time to go back to BRT, Metro? (rail cost = a new Minute Maid Stadium every 3.5 miles)
- Academic study of land-use regs increasing housing prices
- America's next great world city (+ tourism proposal)
- My intro speech from the land-use regulation forum
- Making transit free
- A simple rule for high-rise development
- ULI verdict on Houston
- Finally, a book that truly understands Houston
- Houstonians for Responsible Growth and finding a compromise "third way" for Houston development between developers, planners, and neighborhoods