Texas ain't France, Brits do Houston, TX vs. world, fastest growth, premium toll lanes, and moreContinuing with the leftover misc items from last week...
- The United States Is Not Europe and Texas Ain't France: America as the Thoroughbred Economy - Dallas Federal Reserve Bank. Lots of good Texas data, and I still love that CA vs. TX story at the end. Hat tip to Hugh.
- The New Yorker on how NYC reduced rampant crime in the 90s with CompuStat. Good lessons for Houston. Hat tip to Jay.
- Texas a big winner in recent domestic migration...
- ... and we're projected to add more households than any other metro area over the next 5 years.
- How the Texas economy compares to many several regions around the world. You might be impressed - I was. Bigger than Scandinavia, Australia + New Zealand, Mexico + Central America, or Spanish South America. I don't give a lot of credence to the secession talk, but we clearly do have more than enough of an economy to be independent.
- Cool old NYT story on Texas and Houston. Hat tip to Jessie.
- A Reason STI story on premium toll lanes within existing toll roads in Florida. I definitely think Houston should be looking at these congested-priced lanes on our existing toll road network, especially parts of Beltway 8.