Winter 1Q10 HighlightsIt's time for the Winter 1Q10 quarterly highlights post, which is a little awkward because of the recent 5th-birthday retrospective post. Sorry about them being so close together, but I'm trying to keep these posts on a regular schedule at the beginning of each quarter. I promise to do some more new content posts soon.
These posts have been chosen with a particular focus on significant ideas I'd like to see kept alive for discussion and action, and they're mainly targeted at new readers who want to get caught up with a quick overview of the Houston Strategies landscape. I also like to track what I think of as "reference posts" that sum up a particular topic or argument.
Don't forget we offer an email option for the roughly twice/week posts - see the Google Groups subscription signup box in the right sidebar. An RSS feed link (Atom) (or RSS 2.0) is also available. As always, thanks for your readership.
- Not really my content, but both The decline and fall of Metro (Bill King) and The real future of transportation (Randal O'Toole) make some strong arguments worth referencing in the future
- Fifth birthday retrospective: the best of the best
- My advice to the Metro committees
- What Houston can learn from the Israeli model to boost entrepreneurship
- 5th birthday best-of-the-best retrospective (March 2010)
- 2009 Highlights here
- 2008 Highlights here
- 2007 Highlights here
- 2006 Highlights here
- 2005 Highlights here