1H14 HighlightsFirst, an announcement: if you'd like to learn more about or contribute to the new Houston "No Limits" branding campaign, they're holding public events this week - details here. I spent some time with the agency running the campaign last week, and they're very open to feedback and ideas...
Moving on: it's time for the Winter and Spring 1H14 quarterly highlights post. I skipped the 1Q highlights post this year after doing the best posts of the first 1,000 in February.
These posts have been chosen with a particular focus on significant ideas I'd like to see kept alive for discussion and action, and they're mainly targeted at new readers who want to get caught up with a quick overview of the Houston Strategies landscape. I also like to track what I think of as "reference posts" that sum up a particular topic or argument; and, last but not least, they've also been invaluable for me to track down some of my best thinking for meetings or when requested by others (as is the ever-helpful Google search). They're not quite as useful as they were when I was still doing multiple posts each week, but still have some value (at least for me).
Don't forget we offer an email option for the roughly once/week posts - see the Google Groups subscription signup box in the right sidebar. An RSS feed link is also available in the right sidebar.
As always, thanks for your readership.
- Thoughts on Houston's newest brand: The City With No Limits (including summaries/links back to previous branding posts on this blog)
- Rebutting the pro-rail op-eds and how to fix Houston's top issues
- Thoughts on Bill King's traffic solutions
- METRO's reimagined bus system a big winner
- Best posts of the first 1,000 (February 2014)
- 2013 Highlights
- 5th birthday best-of-the-best retrospective (March 2010, updated thru 2012)
- 2012 Highlights
- 2011 Highlights
- 2010 Highlights
- 2009 Highlights
- 2008 Highlights
- 2007 Highlights
- 2006 Highlights
- 2005 Highlights