2010 HighlightsIt's time for the Fall 4Q10 quarterly highlights post, which also sums up all of 2010. These posts have been chosen with a particular focus on significant ideas I'd like to see kept alive for discussion and action, and they're mainly targeted at new readers who want to get caught up with a quick overview of the Houston Strategies landscape. I also like to track what I think of as "reference posts" that sum up a particular topic or argument.
Don't forget we offer an email option for the roughly once/week posts - see the Google Groups subscription signup box in the right sidebar. An RSS feed link (Atom) (or RSS 2.0) is also available. As always, thanks for your readership, and may you have a wonderful 2011.
- The rise of inter- and intra-city luxury buses threatens rail
- Highlights from the American Dream Coalition conference
- The Feds start to get rational on bus vs. rail transit (inc. a proposal for express mini-bus commuter transit with better amenities as an alternative to vanpools)
- The Case(s) against Rail Transit (and the financial collapses in Dallas and Austin)
- Are we setting up commuter rail to fail?
- Two posts that sum up my current views on the situation at Metro: Madam Mayor and me on the Metro mess, and What to do if Metro fraud costs us $900 million Fed$
- Tripling the value of the Clear Lake Metro Park-and-Ride
- Not really my content, but both The decline and fall of Metro (Bill King) and The real future of transportation (Randal O'Toole)make some strong arguments worth referencing in the future
- Fifth birthday retrospective: the best of the best
- My advice to the Metro committees
- What Houston can learn from the Israeli model to boost entrepreneurship
And don't forget the highlights from the first few years. For what it's worth, I think the best ideas are found there, often in the first year (I had a lot "stored up" before I started blogging).
- 5th birthday best-of-the-best retrospective (March 2010)
- 2009 Highlights here
- 2008 Highlights here
- 2007 Highlights here
- 2006 Highlights here
- 2005 Highlights here