Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016 Highlights

Time for the annual hike down memory lane for 2016, wrapping up the 12th (!) year of this blog (official anniversary coming up in March). Looking it over, I feel like we've got a particularly strong set of highlight posts this year. These posts have been chosen with a particular focus on significant ideas I'd like to see kept alive for discussion and action, and they're mainly targeted at new readers who want to get caught up with a quick overview of the Houston Strategies landscape. I also like to track what I think of as "reference posts" that sum up a particular topic or argument; and, last but not least, they've also been invaluable for me to track down some of my best thinking for meetings or when requested by others (as is the ever-helpful Google search).

Don't forget we offer an email option for the roughly once/week posts - see the Google Groups subscription signup box at the bottom of the right sidebar. An RSS feed link for newsfeed readers is also available in the right sidebar (I'm a fan of Feedly).

As always, thanks for your readership.
And don't forget the highlights from the first few years. For what it's worth, I think the best ideas are found there, often in the first year (I had a lot "stored up" before I started blogging) and most definitely in the 10th birthday retrospective and the best of the first 1,000.

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, January 01, 2017, Anonymous Rich in Houston said...

Any thoughts on Houston Metro's experimentally using electric-powered buses nowadays?

https://www.facebook.com/hmrdev/posts/1195702487184075

Polluted air leads to all sorts of problems such as premature aging of the brain and others listed at that link...

 
At 9:28 AM, January 01, 2017, Blogger George Rogers said...

Even less reason to use light rail.

 
At 11:20 AM, January 01, 2017, Blogger Tory Gattis said...

Good point, George. If the economics are similar (electric vs. diesel), I'm all for it, Rich.

 
At 8:38 AM, January 04, 2017, Blogger George Rogers said...


Productivity adjusted for COL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home